What makes WOVEN unique as a place-based making initiative is in bringing together a range of practitioners and their practices to celebrate rich and diverse textile cultures, heritages and innovations.
We are so excited to work alongside University Of Huddersfield University of Huddersfield School of Art Design & Architecture to bring you Woven In Practice – this conference, hosted by the Centre for Cultural Ecologies in Art, Design and Architecture and the Technical Textiles Research Centre in the School of Art, Design and Architecture at the University of Huddersfield, invites a range of practice-orientated contributions in fashion and textiles to explore one or more of the following themes:
– Happiness, health and wellbeing
– Ecological and environmental approaches to fashion and textiles making
– Technological innovations in fashion and textile practices
– Art and Craft practices in the contexts of place-based making
– Doing fashion and textiles in COVID-19
– The social, ethical and aesthetic dimensions to practice in fashion and textile contexts
– Pedagogical and educational practices in fashion and textiles and collective visions for the future
– Co-creative and co-productive fashion and practices with others
We are specifically interested in approaches to these topics but also very much welcome other approaches/questions/topics linked to fashion and textile practices.