Elnaz Yazdani Embroidery invites you to an Introduction to Embroidery Workshop on Saturday 6th June 2020, 10am-midday.
This class is for beginners but those with experience are welcome to, if you are wanting to learn some new skills while in lockdown using the materials around you then this class is perfect. Elnaz will show you a range of embroidery stitches using a variety of threads that you can apply to your own embroidery designs.
What you need:
- Needles, anything you can find will do. In embroidery we see needles that have a long eye and sharp point, but anything you can find is perfect.
- Some threads and yarns, work with what you have around you, sewing thread for a machine, embroidery thread, cut lengths of old fabric, thin knitting or crochet yarns, paper yarn, plastic, ribbon, trimmings… basically if you can get it through your needles you can embroider with it!
- Fabric to work on, could be a tea towel, table cloth, denim jeans or jacket, plain cloth or patterned fabric. Avid stretch fabrics while learning. Pick a natural fabric if you can, a cotton, wool, denim or linen works well.
- A pair of scissors.
- If you have an embroidery hoop or frame then bring this along, if not don’t worry as it is not essential.
- A pencil or fabric market pen if you have one.
Workshop price: suggested donation via PayPal £5- £10.
To get involved, please contact Elnaz directly via her website or one of her social media platforms and she will send you the workshop invite.