About this Event
Join Leeds based embroidery artist and tutor Elnaz Yazdani online for an introduction to embroidery workshop. Perfect for those unable to attend a face-to-face workshop at the moment.
You will be guided through a variety of beautiful hand embroidery techniques and stitches using an array of different threads to create your own unique piece of hoop art. All the stitches you’ll learn can be applied to any cloth, item of clothing or accessory so you can carry on stitching beyond the workshop.
Embroidery is also a great way to keep calm and reduce stress levels so sign up and enjoy the meditative wonders of the process of embroidery.
Who is the workshop for?
The workshop is suitable for complete beginners as well as those with some embroidery experience, all levels are welcome.
What you need ready for the workshop:
- Some embroidery needles (Crewel & Chenille)
- Some threads and yarns, work with what you can find, embroidery threads, threads for the machine, cut strips of fabrics, thinner knitting or crochet yarns, paper yarn, plastic, ribbon, trimmings… basically if you can get it through your needle you can embroider with it!
- Fabric to work onto, plain or patterned, natural fabrics work best for beginners, try a cotton, wool, denim or linen, avoid stretch fabrics. Upcycle onto old bedding, pair or jeans, cushion or jacket.
- A pair of scissors
- If you have an embroidery hoop or frame please have this ready, if not it’s not essential so don’t worry.
- A pencil or fabric marker pen if you have one.
- Please log into the zoom call 10 minutes before the session is due to commence so the class can begin on time.
Looking forward to stitching with you!
Tickets – £15 + booking fees
Elnaz Yazdani is an embroidery artist and educator based in Yorkshire. With a portfolio practice in embroidery and background in embroidery education, Elnaz is dedicated to sharing her skills and promoting the importance of embroidery as an art form for the future.
Elnaz has taught embroidery within higher education for over 5 years and teaches fashion, costume and textile BA and MA students. She also runs community-based workshops and takes on embroidery/ jewellery commissions.