BOOK A PLACE – This is a live online workshop for which there is a fee of £27.54
Goldwork embroidery is one of the oldest embroidery embellishment techniques there is. During this workshop you will be guided through a variety of beautiful and intricate Goldwork techniques using an array of different types of Goldwork threads to create your own unique piece of art.
All the techniques you learn in the session can be applied to any cloth, this technique would be perfect applied to a gift for an extra special touch, this workshop is perfect for those studying textiles, costume or fashion. All embroidery levels welcome.
Goldwork is an embroidery process and a great way to keep calm and reduce stress levels so come and enjoy the meditative wonders of the process of Goldwork embroidery.
What you need ready for the workshop:
- Some embroidery needles (Crewel, Chenille and Beading Needles)
- Some embroidery thread and cotton hand sewing thread.
- Fabric square to work onto, plain or patterned, natural fabrics work best for beginners, try a cotton, wool, denim or linen, avoid stretch fabrics.
- A pair of good embroidery scissors
- Paper scissors
- An embroidery hoop or frame.
- A pencil and fabric marker pen if you have one.
- 1 beginners goldwork kit, this includes all the goldwork threads you need for the lesson
Elnaz Yazdani is an embroidery artist and educator based in Yorkshire. With a portfolio practice in embroidery and background in embroidery education, Elnaz is dedicated to sharing her skills and promoting the importance of embroidery as an art form for the future.
Elnaz has taught embroidery within higher education for over 5 years and teaches fashion, costume and textile BA and MA students. She also runs community based workshops and takes on embroidery and jewellery commissions.You can see examples of Elnaz’s work on her website, elnazyazdani.com or follow her on Instagram @elnazyazdani
Please log into the zoom call 10 minutes before the session is due to commence so the class can begin on time.
Looking forward to stitching with you!