- This event has passed.
Andrew Warburton – Hand Tufting Workshops
June 19, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, repeating until June 26, 2021
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Saturday, repeating until June 26, 2021
One event on June 5, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Have a go at hand tufting with artist Andrew Warburton.
The workshops are open to people of all ages and will take place every Saturday of June in the Arcade Shop in Market Place, Dewsbury. Each session will last around 10 minutes and must be pre-booked online. BOOK HERE
– Children taking part should be at least 5 years old and anyone under 16 years of age should be accompanied by an adult.
– Please notify us of any specific requirements.
– Please wear suitable or non-loose clothing and tie back long hair.
– Adults must wear a face mask.
Every Saturday, Andrew’s temporary textiles artwork Sculpting A Continent will be on display in the permanent gazebo adjacent to the Arcade. Andrew is using textiles to draw attention to the increase of colossal icebergs, some the size of New York, breaking off from Antarctica in these ‘calving events’ as a result of climate change.
Your safety is extremely important to us as well as that of our team members so we will be adhering to the latest government guidelines whilst running the workshops. Here are just some of the measures we have put into place to ensure everyone’s safety:
– Restricted numbers per session and pre-bookable slots only – no walk ins allowed to allow us to control numbers.
– Hand Sanitiser provided.
– All staff to take lateral flow tests the day before the event.
– Check in on arrival and ensuring no-one attending has any symptoms.
– Sanitisation after every session.
Andrew’s project is part of the Dewsbury Creative Town Programme funded by Kirklees Council and has been commissioned in partnership with WOVEN.